Want to order one...

All orders will go through my Etsy shop. For custom items I'll create a special listing with your name on it.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :) To contact me about a purse please send me a message through my Etsy shop, or 2011 Books With Bite (on FB).

blank

- ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ -


Sunday, September 6, 2015

Review: Real (Real #1) by Katy Evans

Real
book 1
Katy Evans


A fallen boxer.
A woman with a broken dream.
A competition...

He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting...

Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I've ever met in my life.

He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I've never been drawn to anything in my life. I forget who I am, what I want, with just one look from him. When he’s near, I need to remind myself that I am strong—but he is stronger. And now it’s my job to keep his body working like a perfect machine, his taut muscles primed and ready to break the bones of his next opponents...

But the one he’s most threatening to, now, is me.


I want him. I want him without fear. Without reservations.

If only I knew for sure what it is that he wants from me?



Review

Last month I read the Manwhore series by Katy Evans and enjoyed it, so when I found myself searching for a new book to listen to while working this weekend I came across Real and decided to give it a shot.

I have to say, I loved it! Generally its not my genre, I tend to stick to paranormal romances but I'm running out of good books there so I've been venturing out. So far I'm happy with what I'm finding.

I love that in Katy's books there isn't a standard hero, or character in distress that needs saving. Both characters are flawed but confident in themselves. They save each other even though no one really needed saving. They are both kind of oblivious when it comes to reading other people and the situation, but that is what makes for an interesting story, because had they gotten together in the first chapter there would be no need for the 13 that followed.

The story is filled with action, both in the ring and in the bed... and occasionally a restaurant.
There is comedy, drama, romance, frustration, suspense, and so much more. It's an all around good story that kept me up until 3am when I just couldn't keep my eyes open anymore, and had me grabbing my kindle first thing the next morning to finish!

On to book 2. It is a 3 day weekend after all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment