Want to order one...

All orders will go through my Etsy shop. For custom items I'll create a special listing with your name on it.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :) To contact me about a purse please send me a message through my Etsy shop, or 2011 Books With Bite (on FB).

blank

- ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ -


Thursday, June 27, 2013

Review: Fall of Night (Morganville # 14) by Rachel Caine



Claire never thought she’d leave Morganville, but when she gets accepted into the graduate program at MIT, she can’t pass up the opportunity. Saying good-bye to her friends is bittersweet, especially since things are still raw and unsettled between Claire and her boyfriend, Shane.

Her new life at MIT is scary and exciting, but Morganville is never really far from Claire’s mind. Enrolled in a special advanced study program with Professor Irene Anderson, a former Morganville native, Claire is able to work on her machine, which is designed to cancel the mental abilities of vampires.

But when she begins testing her machine on live subjects, things quickly spiral out of control, and Claire starts to wonder whether leaving Morganville was the last mistake she’ll ever make...


Review: 

 ** spoiler alert **  

I'm not sure how I feel about this book...

I don't know if it's because the setting isn't in Morganville, but I just wasn't feeling this one. You can tell the series is coming to an end because it seems like the story is very fragile and new ideas are hard to come by. I feel as though I read for a couple of hours and came out with nothing. 

What really happened in the book of any importance? 
In the first couple of chapters Shane is bitten by a hell hound, and he hints about it bothering him from time to time but nothing ever comes of it until the very end but you have to wait until the next book to find out. Apparently the humans have taken over Morganville... but again it comes in the last chapter.
Claire left Morganville to attend college, but she never goes to a single class. In the first half of the book the worst thing that happens is her roommates stalker, and then he dies trying to save her?! I mean, really?

There just wasn't much substance to this book and the more I think about it the more it aggravates me. As much as I LOVE and ADORE this series I think it's time for it to come to an end. When the authors run out of ideas and story starts to suffer it's time to put it down. 

I would love opinions on this series!! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment