Want to order one...

All orders will go through my Etsy shop. For custom items I'll create a special listing with your name on it.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :) To contact me about a purse please send me a message through my Etsy shop, or 2011 Books With Bite (on FB).

blank

- ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ -


Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Review of The Vampire Diaries, The Hunters: Phantom



 

Description:

The past is never far. . . .
      Elena Gilbert and her friends saved Fell's Church from evil spirits, but the town's freedom came at a price: Damon Salvatore's life. Now, with nothing standing in their way, Elena and Stefan can finally be together. So why can't Elena stop dreaming of Damon? 

As Elena's feelings for Damon grow, a new darkness is brewing in Fell's Church. Elena has been to hell and back, but this demon is like nothing she's ever seen. Its only goal is to kill Elena and everyone she loves. 

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ 

 I waited for the third book in The Hunters series to come out before reading any of them. Between The Vampire Diaries series, the TV show, Stefan's Diaries, and now The Hunters series, it was all a little too much. I needed to stop and try to separate each one in my mind because I was becoming majorly confused

I enjoyed this book, but not as much as the original series, or even The Return series. I believe it could have been much better had there been slightly less detail, and some of the less important scenes shouldn't have been stretched out. If the book were condensed into a 300+ page book it would have packed more of a punch than the 400+ pages that it is. 

With that said, any time I'm reading about Damon is going to be enjoyable.  :)  He's one of my favorite characters, both fictional and on-screen. I will forever be one of the Team Damon fans, always pulling for him to win Elena over - so you can imagine my delight when he was resurrected in this book. Though I had little doubt that he wouldn't return, I mean what kind of story would it be without a crazy love triangle involving 2 vampires?  ;)  And with that love triangle comes a lot of jealousy, which in turn creates the interesting storyline for this book. It's a great tale of lasting friendships and growing romances.
 
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ 

I've already started on Moonsong, book 2, so stay tuned for my following review.

~ Kim 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment