Want to order one...

All orders will go through my Etsy shop. For custom items I'll create a special listing with your name on it.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :) To contact me about a purse please send me a message through my Etsy shop, or 2011 Books With Bite (on FB).

blank

- ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ -


Saturday, November 3, 2012

Review of Bloodlines by Richelle Mead




Description

When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles, and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive--this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood.


Review:
 Let me start by saying that the Vampire Academy series is one of my absolute favorites of all time! I was so sad when the series ended, and not to crazy about a spin off series (because they rarely meet the standards set by the original story line!) that is, until I found out it would be following along with my dear Adrian Ivashkov. 
Turns out Richelle Mead is one of a select few authors that can pull off a spin off and still capture her audience. Yes, the storyline in Bloodlines isn't quite as action packed and fast paced as Vampire Academy was; and there was more romance to be desired - but I think this first book has set up some great things to come in the series.  
Adrian is still full of sarcastic wit, but now carries around an inner pain from the loss of Rose that affects everyone around him in some way or other. Sydney has to learn to deal with vampires up close and personal, along with confronting her past. This stress has her finding an ally in the unlikeliest of places. 

I really enjoyed this book and will be moving on to The Golden Lily, so stay tuned for the review.   :)  

~ Kim 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment