Want to order one...

All orders will go through my Etsy shop. For custom items I'll create a special listing with your name on it.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :) To contact me about a purse please send me a message through my Etsy shop, or 2011 Books With Bite (on FB).

blank

- ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ -


Sunday, August 31, 2014

Review: Lucifer's Rogue (The Draculia Vampire Series) by Colleen Gleason

 Lucifer's Rogue
The Draculia Vampire Series
book 1
Colleen Gleason

Regency Paranormal Romance


The men and women of the Vampire Dracule are tied to Lucifer for eternity. In exchange, the Dracule are given immortality and power…and a guilt-free life of pleasure, wealth, and freedom.

No one can touch them. 

No man can control them.
No mortal can destroy them…unless they find love.

But Lucifer will not release those who are bound to him without a fight.
 

In a battle of good versus evil, love versus hate, only the strongest souls can win freedom from the devil.


Even after centuries of lust, hedonism, and women, Voss rarely finds himself bored. As a member of the Dracule, he is a rogue of the first order, a man who loves nothing more than a warm woman, excellent vintage, and even a puzzling challenge to keep his mind active.

But when one of his seemingly harmless manipulations sets him on the path to seduce the beautiful Angelica Woodmore, things become a little less simple…a lot more passionate…and definitely more complicated.

And when the most evil vampire of the Dracule puts Angelica in his sights, Voss will have to risk everything to save her…and possibly his own soul.



Review: 

It's no secret that Colleen Gleason is my favorite author. In fact, the Gardella Vampire Chronicles is by far my favorite book series. So it's no surprise that I loved Lucifer's Rogue as well!

Voss reminds me quite a bit of Sebastian, and since he was my favorite character in GVC, of course I fancy Voss. He's charming, attractive, and quite selfish. He's smitten with Angelica, but that doesn't change his personality like many romance stories go... no, he continues to do what he wants, use her for information to keep himself a step ahead of the rest, as well as playing pranks on poor grumpy Dimitri. He does try his best to keep her safe, even from himself.

Angelica has a few surprises of her own. A strong minded woman in that time period was a rare thing, and I enjoyed reading from her perspective.

I love the twist on Vampire lore; each having a special affliction. It adds a dimension to the storyline that other paranormal plots lack.

Colleen's writing is the only regency period books that I've ever enjoyed, and the fact that they are my favorites says a lot. She just has a way with words. Another thing I love about her writing style is the way she seamlessly switches between character pov's. There are many books that have frustrated me, some I couldn't even finish, because it's hard to follow or just flat out annoying to read from an unimportant character's pov. But Colleen's transitions are perfect and when it switches you aren't confused about who it is, or where the story picks up.

I'm excited to start the second book in the series.



You can find it here:


http://www.amazon.com/Lucifers-Rogue-Vampire-Draculia-Trilogy-ebook/dp/B00MAYJCAI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409537489&sr=8-1&keywords=Lucifer%27s+Rogue http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/lucifers-rogue-colleen-gleason/1120020321?ean=2940149662173  
or on Colleen's Website, you'll find links to:
audible, BAM, ibooks, audiobook, indiebound, & kobo


Download it now for $0.99! (For a limited time only)


No comments:

Post a Comment