Want to order one...

All orders will go through my Etsy shop. For custom items I'll create a special listing with your name on it.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :) To contact me about a purse please send me a message through my Etsy shop, or 2011 Books With Bite (on FB).

blank

- ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ -


Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Review: Awakened (Vampire Awakenings #1) by Brenda K. Davies

Awakened
The Vampire Awakenings Series
Book 1
Brenda K. Davies

Paranormal Romance



Traumatized by her past, and struggling to move on from it, Sera has spent the past three years of college hiding herself from the world and content to stay that way. A chance encounter with Liam shatters her sheltered world, leaving her stunned and shaken by the strange feelings and emotions he arises in her, feelings she never thought she would experience and that frighten her in their intensity. 
Harboring a dark and deadly secret of his own, Liam knows that he should stay away from Sera; that he will only bring her more hurt, but he is irresistibly drawn to her and unable to deny himself the pleasure that only she can bring to him. But when their pasts collide with their present, and Liam’s true nature is revealed, will their love for each other be enough, or will they be torn apart forever?
Mature readers 18+ 



Review: 

 
I read a few of the reviews and wasn't sure, but I went ahead and gave it a chance. I downloaded the audiobook for a listen while working on my book purses.

I really enjoyed the story. The characters were well created with interesting back stories to create more suspense. There was action, both in and out of the bed. Typical college campus with frat parties and real people problems. The story kept me interested, I always wanted to know what was going to happen next.... until the last 2 chapters.



Warning: Spoilers ahead


I hate to pull a line from Mr. Grey, but I'm not much for hearts and flowers. The story was doing great, moving in the right direction and then all of a sudden the threat is gone, everyone is happy, time has passed and now she's pregnant, planning a white wedding and they are moving to a cabin in the woods to live happily ever after. Um, no. Sorry this doesn't work for me!

I'm not one of those women that dreamed of her fairy tale wedding, and planned to have a big family, blah blah blah. Sometimes the story needs to break away from the standard people have set for what women supposedly sit around thinking about and be different. Or maybe I'm just weird, the oddball. Who knows, but these 2 chapters killed it for me.

I give it 4 stars before the ending. :)


1 comment:

  1. The book was amazing, I'm under the age of 18 I read the book twice and understood every part of it. It's also great for a book report too. For all the bad comments, vampire romance isn't your thing. Good book,s give Brenda K. Davies her credit!!

    ReplyDelete