Want to order one...

All orders will go through my Etsy shop. For custom items I'll create a special listing with your name on it.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :) To contact me about a purse please send me a message through my Etsy shop, or 2011 Books With Bite (on FB).

blank

- ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ -


Saturday, October 10, 2015

Review: Evil Red (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter #2.6) Nikki Jefford

Evil Red
Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter
Novella 2.6
Nikki Jefford




L.A. is one tough city, especially while sharing a trailer with four thieving sisters.

Valerie’s plans for a better life and Hollywood grandeur are interrupted after a fateful stabbing lands her in Anchorage, Alaska where government agents expect her to play the role of a vampire hunting La Femme Nikita.

The redheaded vixen is back in her own novelette.

Recommended after Northern Bites (Aurora Sky, Vol. 2) or Stakeout (Vol. 2.5). Approximately 20,000 words.




Review


I really enjoyed this story which I didn't expect. 

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this series, it's one of my favorites - I just wasn't thrilled to read about Valerie; I can't stand her character! Turns out it was a great read. I don't hate her quite as much...

We learn so much about Valerie's life before she 'died', and then we finally find out how she and Fane became a couple. This story answered a lot of questions that I had, and a few more pieces of the puzzle are falling into place now! Oh, and I think I love Fane a little more after this.

I know a lot of people skip the short stories in a series (I do it myself sometimes) but these are really worth the read. I can't tell you how much more the story makes sense after reading this! I wish now that I'd read it between books like it was meant to be... there would have been a lot less who, what, when, where, and why going on in my head!! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment