Want to order one...

All orders will go through my Etsy shop. For custom items I'll create a special listing with your name on it.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :) To contact me about a purse please send me a message through my Etsy shop, or 2011 Books With Bite (on FB).

blank

- ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ -


Saturday, July 26, 2014

Review: City of Heavenly Fire, Mortal Instruments #6

City of Heavenly Fire
The Mortal Instruments
book 6, The End
Cassandra Clare

YA Paranormal, Fantasy



In this dazzling and long-awaited conclusion to the acclaimed Mortal Instruments series, Clary and her friends fight the greatest evil they have ever faced: Clary's own brother.

Sebastian Morgenstern is on the move, systematically turning Shadowhunter against Shadowhunter. Bearing the Infernal Cup, he transforms Shadowhunters into creatures out of nightmare, tearing apart families and lovers as the ranks of his Endarkened army swell.

The embattled Shadowhunters withdraw to Idris - but not even the famed demon towers of Alicante can keep Sebastian at bay. And with the Nephilim trapped in Idris, who will guard the world against demons?

When one of the greatest betrayals the Nephilim have ever known is revealed, Clary, Jace, Isabelle, Simon, and Alec must flee - even if their journey takes them deep into the demon realms, where no Shadowhunter has set foot before, and from which no human being has ever returned...

Love will be sacrificed and lives lost in the terrible battle for the fate of the word in the thrilling final installment of the classic urban fantasy series The Mortal Instruments!



Review: 

City of Heavenly Fire was long... much longer than the other books in the series. It was really slow in parts and I found myself wandering in thought instead of paying attention to the words. Finally it picks up the pace and for once they are all fighting together to save someone else instead of trying to rescue each other.

I feel like a good portion of this book is a set up for a spin off series (which I do not plan on reading) I could have done without all the side story with the orphaned children, and in turn that would have shortened the book. However, I'm glad that everyone got their happily ever after and it seemed like the perfect time to end the series. Anymore and it would have been repetitive, I mean, how many different ways can a group of teenagers save the world?

Poor Simon seemed to get the worst of it from beginning to end.. turned into a rat, a vampire, a daylighter, stripped of immortality and memories to be returned to mundane life... only to be turned into a possible shadowhunter. Really? I still don't get the appeal for Magnus, why a 400 year old warlock would love an 18 year old is beyond me. Jace finally figuring out and accepting who he is and basically asking Clary to marry him, and Maya finally happy and in charge.

What I don't understand is the conversation between Zachariah and Tessa that suggests a repeating pattern with the families, but my guess is that it's another of the storylines that will be followed in the possible spinoff series. Who knows.

Good series, glad it's over. 


4 stars. 


Check out my reviews for the rest of the series: 

No comments:

Post a Comment